Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What's in The Attic?

There's a critter in my attic. For the past few nights, it wakes us up, making noises that sound as if it is building a condo up there. My husband thinks it's a rat, but if that's a rat making all that noise, it must be a mutant. My hubbie has gone up three nights in a row, setting traps. Clever critter that it is, (not my husband, the rat mutant,) it manages to snap them, gobble up the bait and then probably sits back and laughs his a** off. My husband has proclaimed war. I hear him climbing up there right now. Tonight he is setting FOUR traps. I'm sure THAT will work. I need my sleep, ladies. It might wound my hubbie's pride, but tomorrow I'm calling the exterminator. I'll let you know how things turn out.

2 comments:

Bronwyn Jameson said...

Have you seen the movie with the string factory and the mouse and Christopher Walken as The Exterminator, Barbara? Can't think what the movie's called, but that's what I thought about reading your post. Hope your dh has more luck than poor CW. *VBG*

Barbara McCauley said...

Hi Bronwyn! It's called "Mouse Hunt" and yep, that was my husband, all right. Flashlight, traps, gloves. Wish I could have gotten a picture, but he might not have seen the humor in it. :)