Sunday, October 30, 2005

Be Careful What You Ask For...

Everyone knows the saying, though we don't pay too much attention to it... All my bird and squirrel feeders have always been in the far back with my garden, but I thought, "Wouldn't it be great to put a feeder right outside my window in my office?" I could sit and type my little heart out while my feathered friends flittered about. So I did it. Happily, ignorantly, I put food out, not sure if they would come so close. I'm only on the other side of the glass, maybe three feet away. Oh, they came, all right. They not only came--they devoured! Blue jays, sparrows, towhees, squirrels--and that's just in a few days. Wait until the word spreads! So I didn't put food out for a couple of days, thinking, "They'll go away. After all, I have lots of feeders in the far back." Wrong again. They not only fight amongst themselves (the squirrels are the worst) they sit out there and chirp and squawk and chatter, telling me they are out of food and why am I sitting on my butt in front of that box and not feeding them. I guess I'll get used to it. Sort of like tuning out kids when they're complaining, only I can close the blinds on the birds and ignore them. Gotta go, there's a blue jay pecking at my window, waiting for his breakfast...

No comments: