Friday, October 07, 2005

Don't Look In MY Closet...

I love Halloween. I always decorate, but last year I REALLY decorated the inside of house because I was having a surprise birthday party for my daughter. I turned my library into my "spooky room," with glowing masks in the dark, scary graveyard music, flying bats, candlelabras and a life size skeleton. One of the guest's (Shelly) five year old (Austin) didn't like that room (understandably) and wouldn't go near the door. Now forward ahead to Easter (last April) and Shelly and Austin are at my house for my annual Easter bash. Austin still doesn't like the "spooky room" Shelly assures Austin that there's nothing to be afraid of, that all the spooky stuff is gone now. Austin cautiously enters the room with his Mom, looks in the all corners, then points to the closet. Shelly says "It's fine sweetie, there's nothing in the closet, either." Of course, when she opens the door, that's where I hang my skeleton... Poor Austin. I may have to pay for therapy one day...

2 comments:

Barbara McCauley said...

Rats! Just saw my typo. It's supposed to read "that's WHERE I hang my skeleton"
BTW, that same skeleton is currently hanging in my entry, happy to be out of the closet until November 1.

Christa said...

Poor Austin. Now the skeleton is even more visible to him and not just in the spooky room.