Saturday, October 01, 2005

SEASONS?

Who says California doesn't have seasons? We certainly do. Flood season, fire season and earthquake season. We are currently in fire season! My house and yard are covered in ash and soot from the wildfires in the area I live. Yesterday the sky was filled with smoke and raining ash. The smell of smoke was heavy and we had to keep the windows closed. Ash is still drifting from trees and bushes. It's a mess, but thank God it's under control now. Today is a gorgeous day! Blue sky, in the eighties and that feel of fall is in the air. In spite of our "seasons" I do love living in California. I wouldn't want to shovel snow, tornadoes and hurricanes scare me, I'd really miss the beach and where else (except maybe New York) would you be sitting next to Pamela Anderson or Nicholas Cage at a restaurant? (Who ordered white salmon, BTW) The toughest part for me is the weather is so nice, I don't want to work! Like today, I'm tiptoeing around my work computer (I have a phobia about getting a virus and losing my work so I write my books on a separate computer--just one of my bugaboos) I SO want to drive down to the beach, sit at one of my favorite little restaurants, watch the waves crash and sip iced tea. But I won't. I will get to work, knowing that once I'm "in the zone" there isn't anyplace else in the world I want to be.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Man are you lucky to be able to go to the beach, I live in Ontario, Canada. The closest beach we have is for Lake Ontario. Not exactly a nice beach beach with smelly dead fish.

Christa said...

If I have all my books in order I know I have The Cinderella Scandal, The Seduction of the Reluctant Bride, Miss Pruitt's Private Life, Texas Heat, Her Kind of Man, Callan's Proposal and Blackhawk's Legacy. I had Summer in Savannah at one time but I think someone else is reading it.