Friday, December 02, 2005

Twenty Three Days...

Angel Tree done and garland over mantel up. Today's project is Snowman Tree and finish outdoor lights. (Yes, I'm working too. Work first, decorate later!) And speaking of outdoor lights. I bought one of those blow up lawn decorations, a cute Santa sticking out of a chimney. I pull him out of the box, plug him in and he blows right up, looking cute as can be. Then I watch as he deflates. Grinding my teeth, I fiddle with the fans attached and the cord, and sure enough, he pops back up again. That's better. Then he deflates again. Okay, I'm cranky anyway 'cause most of last years chasing lights don't work, so now I'm silently swearing. He inflates again. I watch him through narrowed eyes, not trusting, and sure enough, he deflates. I'm considering kicking Santa, here, I'm getting so irritated, but I swear instead--outloud, this time. As he inflates once again, it occurs to me. He's supposed to do that. Duh! I quickly apologize to Santa and the Christmas Gods who are having one hell of a laugh at my expense. Okay, so I'm not the brightest bulb in the string. I have my moments, this just wasn't one of them. Santa is now up on my roof, popping up and down out of his chimney, waving at passer bys. Today the 8 foot Snowman goes up. At least, I hope he does...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the blow up thing. I was just looking at your garden, it was lovely.

We had snow last week in Seattle....warming up and I still have a ton of shopping to do. Please share your holiday pics.

Dana Diamond said...

Hey! I just found you. I didn't know you were blogging.

Good luck with the decorations.
Merry Christmas!

:) d

penney said...

I love your Desire books Barbara
Penney