Wednesday, November 02, 2005

And We're Off...

Happy November everyone! I always feel that the beginning of November is the official starting time for the holidays. Like we're all racehorses, in the chute, waiting for that bell to go off so we can run like crazy in circles toward that finish line. Not that I don't enjoy it, mind you. I LOVE the holidays. I'm a nut for Christmas (boxes come out of attic in exactly 21 days) But like everyone, I have a tendency to do too much and suddenly get overwhelmed. Have to constantly remind myself to slooow down, have a cup of herbal tea. Take a lavender scented bath. Light a candle. Put on some Christmas music. But I'm ahead of myself. This month, I want to concentrate on remembering to be thankful for all I have. Not the "things" (though I do like my things, too!) but my family and friends and the fact that I woke up today. That's a good thing! Now to get that Halloween stuff packed away...

No comments: